It’s what’s for breakfast! Breakfast warriors eat on!
1 C Quick cooking oats
2 C All purpose-flour
3/4 C Sugar
1 t Baking powder
1/2 t Baking soda
1/4 t Himalayan Salt
1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces
1 C Plain Greek Yogurt
2T Vanilla extract
3 T Cinnamon (we love lots of it so we add more)
1 C Raisins
3/4 C Chocolate chips (dark, milk, semisweet, or white)
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour and butter until it resembles corn meal.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Add egg, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract.
- Blend in the raisins and chocolate chips.
- Pour out onto floured surface and knead, adding water if needed.
- Roll out dough and begin cutting into squares by cutting lengthwise then, width wise until you have 2-3″ squares.
Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes. Longer if you want them crunchy.
1 1/2 C confectioners sugar
cinnamon to taste
2-3 T water
Mix well. It should be rather thick otherwise it will slide right off of the Scones.
Let cool. Then, dip each Scone in icing or place on a cooling rack, with a cookie sheet underneath, and pour the yummy concoction over the Scones.