I couldn’t help myself and wanted to share this with you as soon as possible because these turned out more decadent that I could’ve ever imagined! I ended up using another ingredient, not pictured in my hint, because it sounded delicious. Turns out, it is! So, the scone of the week is… Pistachio- White Chocolate Chip-Cranberry. The icing is a simple glaze made with confectioner sugar, a splash of water and almond extract.
Here’s how I made them:
3 C self rising flour
1 1/2 sticks cold butter (cubed)
1 large egg
1 T Almond extract
1/4 t Himalayan salt
3/4 C Sour Cream
1 C Sugar
1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Roasted, lightly salted Pistachios
1 C Dried Cranberries
- Place flour and butter in a food processor and pulse until it resembles cornmeal. You can do this by hand with a fork or a pastry blender.
- Add egg, salt, sugar, extract and sour cream.
- Blend well but don’t over mix or the Scones will be too dense.
- Add the pistachios, cranberries and white chocolate chips. Mix in by hand. The mixture will be dense and will smell delicious!
- Pour mixture out onto floured surface and make a ball.
- Roll dough out to 1/2″ – 3/4″ thickness.
- Cut dough sides to make a square. (Save scraps to roll for more Scones)
- Cut dough lengthwise and widthwise to create 2 1/2″ -3″ Scones.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 350* For 20 minutes.
- Let Scones cool then, ice with almond icing.
- For the icing mix 2 cups of confectioner sugar, 3 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of almond extract. Adjust water as needed.
- Let icing set and enjoy anytime! I’m having another one with my latte in the morning. Oh wait I think I’ll do that now too!